Friday, May 29, 2015

Star Wars: The Clone Chronicles



          Star Wars is one of the most iconic film franchises in history. Many different stories are told; from all different perspectives whether it is the movies, or the various books that have been published. There has been one group in both trilogies whose origin story has been portrayed, but after that, we know what they do, but not much more about them. In the original trilogy, it was the Storm troopers, and in the new trilogy it was the Clone troopers. We know their origin, but I thought it would be interesting to try and find a behind the scenes story. Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV show explored this a bit, and I want to continue the story. I’m going to take a soldier, and write a short story from their perspective, which will include their opinions, and thoughts about the war they are in, the soldiers who fight beside them, etc. Some of them might be long, and some of them might be short, but I hope you like them nonetheless. Here is the first part of I want to call, The Clone Chronicles.


          My clone designation is CT-5769, but I have chosen to take the name Rush. I didn’t choose the name actually, but a few of my brothers gave it to me on Kamino, partly because I would always rush into all of the training exercises thrown our way. When I left Kamino, I was assigned to serve under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker as a member of the 501st division. It is a true honor to serve under General Skywalker. The missions he has been on, and the accomplishments he has achieved are legendary, and spoken about by clones everywhere. Some call his style of leading brash and dangerous, but I think that sometimes the brash and the dangerous operations are the ones that can really turn the tide of a war.
          General Skywalker is good to us. He doesn’t view us as expendable like some of the other people do. When we were fighting for the planet Umbara, General Skywalker was called away, and we were placed under the command of Jedi General Pong Krell. From what I had heard, General Krell wasn’t a huge fan of clones. He was victorious at many battles, but he also had the highest casualty rate among any generals. It turns out, he was mainly successful because he would send squads and squads of clones out to their deaths, until the enemy was out of ammo, or resources. General Skywalker would never do that to us. Last I heard, a clone killed General Krell after the general was accused of treason. I’m not sure about the exact details, but I am perfectly fine with him being gone.
          Is it hard to see my brothers die out on the battlefield day after day? Of course it is. But we were made to be soldiers, and just as any good soldier does, we deal with grief after the battle is over. We mourn our fallen brothers, and then we move on. I guess it is in whatever programming the cloners filled out heads with. Makes it easier to move on from grief. Sometimes I wonder though, what is going to happen to us once the war is over? Will we continue to be soldiers, or will we be given an opportunity to life a life outside of the barracks. I sure hope I am alive long enough to find out for myself.

(All locations, events, and characters are property of Lucasfilm, and thus are property of Disney. I own nothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment